• Generously proportioned architecturally-designed house, crafted from cool mud bricks & timbers with CSIRO fire safety approval
• Captivating 360 degree valley & mountain views
• 6m cathedral ceilings, African Sahara Slate and timber flooring
• Back to base security system, underground electricity & water overflows
• Permissable to run a commercial enterprise from the property (STCA)
• Private park-like grounds, established low maintenance gardens
• Regular school buses to Bowral & Nowra
• Walking distance to Kangaroo Valley Golf & Country Club, 2 mins to Pioneer Village Museum, Cafés, Pub, Restaurants
• 2 hours drive to Sydney or Canberra, 20 mins to Berry, 25 mins to the Seven Mile Beach
Generously proportioned, superbly sited exquisite mountain and valley views, the architect designed, affluently constructed quality house has, until quite recently, been one of the Kangaroo Valley’s best kept secrets.
Set against the beautiful ‘Red Rock’ escarpment, the Master Built bespoke home is perfectly positioned on 3.2 hectares of level park-like levelled grounds. Boasting a northerly aspect the two level, master residence has been superbly crafted from cool mudbrick and gigantic timbers ensuring its warm in winter and cool in summer.
The five generous 50sqm living rooms are used by its current owners as a fine art gallery (Galeria Aniela), are adorned with paintings and sculptures of important Australian and international artists like Arthur Boyd, Charles Blackman, John Perceval, John Olsen, Garry Shead, Edgar Degas, Guy & Lenore Boyd and more.
Complete with an adjoining sunroom leading out to a paved outdoor entertainment area, the inviting large master bedroom boasts a sizeable 3.5m x 3m ensuite bathroom with a double spa bath. Soaring 6m ceilings, exposed beams, open Jet-Master fireplaces and large light-filled living reception rooms afford an abundance of living and entertaining spaces.
As a family residence, weekend respite or a vacation home for others to enjoy, the well thought out floor plan is anchored by a central open plan kitchen, living and dining space and comes complete with island bench and butler’s pantry, making it ideal for entertaining.
Continuing its eco approach, the exquisite sustainable house guarantees fire-break with solid internal and external walls and is surrounded by established water-retaining trees. The low maintenance park-grounds offer established orchard with Apples, Plums, Pistachios, Quinces, Chestnuts, Cherries, Guavas, Figs, Cranberries, Citrus and Blueberries. Year-round lush flowering trees include Jacarandas, Magnolias, Umbrellas, Camellias, Flame and Orchids trees and more.
Four rainwater tanks supply pure fresh water free for the household while a leading Enviro-Cycle system reprocesses and reconditions domestic water into clean water for the gardens. A tranquil water-dam with water lilies and gardens offers sanctuary for colourful birds, flora and native wildlife.
Positioned next door to Kangaroo Valley Golf and Country Club and only 2 minutes drive from the historic valley township and museum, the property affords an idyllic lifestyle from which you will always be reluctant to leave.
To arrange an inspection or find out more please contact Simon Platt on 0422 289 400.